Microdermabrasion is a short, painless procedure with rejuvenating and regenerating benefits. It’s the fastest method of removing dead skin and triggering skin cell activity, thereby removing any discolouration, smaller blemishes, blackheads or excessive keratosis. The treatment can be performed on the face, upper chest, shoulders and back.
- Seborrheic skin,
- Visible pores,
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation,
- Stretch marks,
- Shallow wrinkles.
How to prepare for the procedure:
- About a week prior to the procedure, it is advised to abstain from scrubbing the skin and using abrasive sponges or facial cleansing brushes.
- It is also recommended not to use depilatory creams and undergo wax hair removal.
- The skin requires no special preparation for the treatment, anesthesia is also not necessary.
Procedure description and effects:
- The procedure is performed by a certified cosmetologist.
- It involves gradual exfoliation of the upper layers of the epidermis. This speeds up the process of new cell formation which will quickly replace those damaged and broken ones.
- The skin becomes soft and oxygenated, it’s also smoother. Wrinkles, blemishes and discolouration, are reduced.
- It minimises the visibility of stretch marks.
- The procedure is completely painless.
- There is also no risk of complications.
- Microdermabrasion can be performed on any skin type.
After the procedure:
- The patient can return to their daily activities.
- Sunbathing and bathing in chlorinated water should be avoided.
- Following the treatment, it is advised to wear an SPF 50+ sunscreen.
- Inflammation of rosacea,
- Damages of the epidermis,
- Viral, bacterial or fungal skin infections,
- Oral retinoid therapy.