Botulinum toxin is a very effective way to permanently smooth out mimic wrinkles, mainly in the upper part of the face. It is a high-precision treatment, which is quick and practically painless, and produces spectacular results. The treatment is recommended for both women and men and the effects are visible for only around 6 months.
- Wrinkles of the forehead
- Wrinkles between the eyebrows
- Wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet)
How to prepare for the procedure:
- The procedure must always be preceded by a medical consultation and can be performed on the same day.
- The treatment does not require the use of topical anaesthesia.
- The treatment does not require special preparation, it is a classic “lunchtime treatment”.
Procedure description and effects:
- The correction of mimic wrinkles with botulinum toxin is commonly known as Botox. This procedure involves the injection of botulinum toxin into selected facial muscles, responsible for the formation of mimic wrinkles.
- Depending on the area requiring treatment, the procedure takes about 10-20 minutes.
- The botulinum toxin is precisely injected using a single-use syringe, which is equipped with a very thin needle.
- During the procedure it is possible to feel slight discomfort and swelling.
After the procedure:
- The effects of botulinum toxin can be noticed after about 7 days, the final effect can be seen after 2 weeks.
- Within a few hours after the procedure, we advise not to tilt your head down (for example during sleep, yoga, or while tying shoes) or to massage punctured areas.
- Small swelling papules and erythema may appear in the treated areas
- These symptoms disappear within 10-15 minutes and patients can immediately return to their usual activities.
- A follow-up visit is recommended 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Disturbed muscular-nervous conduction (myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome),
- The use of certain types of medication,
- Local, active skin infections,
- Pregnancy and nursing.