Treating hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) involves the use of botulinum toxin. This is the best way to completely eliminate excessive sweating from armpits, hands and feet. The treatment is simple, and its effect lasts for many months, completely eliminating the problem of excessive sweating.
- Local excessive sweating (armpits, hands, feet, forehead).
How to prepare for the procedure:
- It is worth checking the cause of hyperhidrosis, be it through measuring blood sugar levels or by performing hormonal tests,
- The treated area is numbed using anesthetic cream,
- Medical consultation.
Procedure description and effects:
- The procedure involves inserting type A botulinum toxin into the subcutaneous tissue. It causes nerve endings, responsible for the secretion of sweat, to block.
- The treatment blocks sweating of the treated area for 6 months. The procedure will then have to repeated.
- Treatment of hyperhidrosis is fully effective for 80-90% of patients. In these cases, the secretion of sweat is minimised or stopped altogether and ceases to be a problem.
- The procedure is virtually painless an takes up to 30 minutes.
After the procedure:
- You can return to your daily activities.
- Swelling, redness or minor bruising may appear in the treated areas.
- Until your skin is fully healed, refrain from going to the swimming pool, performing intensive workouts, etc.
- Refrain from massaging the treated area.
- The procedure carried out on the hands may cause temporary weakening of palm muscles, strenuous work should be avoided.
- Disturbed muscular-nerve conduction,
- The use of penicillin and other antibiotics over the week before the procedure,
- Local, active skin infections,
- Coagulation disorders and taking anticoagulants,
- Pregnancy and nursing.